Customers form a lasting impression of an organisation within 30 seconds of their first encounter. The receptionist and frontline staff are the first point of contact for customers so the role of frontline staff is as much about public relations, and customer service, as it is about the products and services a business provides.
This workshop has been designed to cover the key communication skills and techniques required of professional frontline staff and is equally suitable for new entrants into the workforce and experienced administration staff seeking career advancement.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- appreciate the importance of the role of the frontline staff as ambassadors for the organisation
- understand what it takes to be an exceptional customer service professional
- build lasting impressions on behalf of the organisation
- communicate professionally with customers on the telephone and in person
- deal effectively with security and safety issues
- field complaints with empathy.
- Your role of the receptionist as brand ambassador
- Skills and qualities required of a professional receptionist
- Your attitude
- Skills, attributes and roles of the receptionist as brand ambassador
- Personal presentation skills – Keeping up appearances
- Personal presentation skills – Body language
- The assertive you!
- Knowing your organisation – products and services
- Organising the reception area
- Office equipment and technology
- Handling private and sensitive information
- Ergonomics at the keyboard
- Managing your time
- Telephone technique – answering the phone – transferring a call – taking a message
- Your voice and speech
- Organising and scheduling appointments
- Meet and greet
- Safety and security
- Fielding complaints
- Your exciting future!
- Preparing for job interview.
- Lectures 22
- Quizzes 12
- Duration 46 days
- Skill level All levels
- Students 20
- Assessments Self