The dynamics of communication in the encounter between a customer and staff can be quite complex. In particular this short course explores the essential communication skills which help to establish a relationship with customers which is conducive to creating a happy and long lasting relationship.
About customer service
- What is good customer service?
- Today’s customers – What do they want?
- Who are your customers?
- How do you know what’s good for the customer?
- Should you treat all customers equally?
- Your career in customer service
Communicating with customers
- Knowing your products and services
- Listening skills
- Using positive language
- Top words to reassure customers
- Telephone etiquette
- Don’t judge a book (or a customer) by its cover
- Our non-verbal communication – body language
- Our non-verbal communication – vocal tone
- Remembering names
- Getting customer endorsement and recommendations
- When customers show appreciation
Dealing with difficult situations
- Why welcome complaints
- Handling complaints
- Lectures 19
- Quizzes 6
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 10
- Assessments Yes