Course Instructor: Liz Paine
At some point in your business career you may be asked to take minutes at a meeting. Since the minutes will serve as an official record of decisions, it is important that they are a true and accurate account of proceedings.
Many minute takers struggle with taking minutes for all manner of reasons. This course has been designed to provide guidelines to help you master the skill of minute taking and remove some of the natural anxiety associated with “getting it right”. During this course you will have access to advice from an expert facilitator and you can choose to have up to 2 hours one-to-one support (via webinar) should you need it.
In this course we will:
- identify the importance of your role as minute taker
- learn tips to take the anxiety out of the process of minute taking
- explain the types of meeting – formal and informal, and select the most appropriate format for your minutes
- explain formal meeting procedures and the meeting process and protocols
- learn how much detail to include in your minutes – and what to leave out
- offer tips to plan an effective meeting
- learn what to include in your minutes and what to leave out
- learn the shortcuts to make taking notes simpler
- provide some sample templates you can use for agendas, and minutes
- offer opportunities to try your hand at writing minutes.
We’ll explore the fundamental principles of minute taking, knowing that this helps to alleviate some of the feelings of anxiety that many minute takers experience.
Thank you for selecting to register for “Take a Minute! Minute Taking Skills”. We have enjoyed preparing this on-line course for you and look forward to sharing it with you.
- Lectures 18
- Quizzes 4
- Duration 6 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 8
- Assessments Self