Your privacy is important
This statement outlines how Learning Insight uses and manages Personal Information provided to, or collected by, us.
Learning Insight is committed to the National Privacy Principles contained in the Commonwealth Privacy Act.
What kind of personal information does Learning Insight collect and how does Learning Insight collect it?
The type of information Learning Insight may collect and hold can include (but is not limited to) personal information, including sensitive information, about:
- Participants who attend training courses facilitated by Learning Insight’s Principals or consultants
- Trainers, training and business consultants
- Staff of organisations where Learning Insight provides consultancy services
- Individuals or organisations enquiring about Learning Insight’s services; this information may then be passed onto a trainer or consultant. Learning Insight will ask your consent prior to doing this, and
- Consultancy applications/Expressions of Interest sent to Learning Insight by prospective consultants.
- Information disclosed by Organisations and/or their staff or nominees during the course of consultancy arrangements.
- Personal information you provide
Learning Insight will generally collect personal information held about the above named groupings by way of:
- Face to face, telephone calls and/or written communication including through email transmissions between the individual and the trainer and/or consultants
- Face to face, telephone calls and/or written communication from participants in Learning Insight Training Programs or meetings
- Course registration, attendance sheets and program evaluation sheets filled out by participants when evaluating their training experience, summaries and progress reports filled out by trainer and/or consultants delivering the Learning Insight program
- Articles and statements contributed by consultants, organisations or participants to the Learning Insight website
- Personal information written into assessment events
- Application forms, letters and resumes from prospective consultants and expressions of interest from consultants seeking consultancy or training projects or involvement or partnering arrangements with Learning Insight, and
- During consultation and/or at interview.
Personal information provided by other people
In some circumstances Learning Insight may be provided with personal information about an individual from a third party, for example a reference or referral from another person or information provided by a training program participant, friend or relative.
Exception in relation to consultant/trainer records
How will Learning Insight use and disclose the personal information you provide?
Learning Insight will use and disclose personal information it collects from you for the primary purpose of implementing a training program or providing consultancy services, or project employment in relation to the brief provided by its client and for such other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose of collection and reasonably expected, to which you have consented or as required or authorised by law.
Who might Learning Insight disclose personal information to?
Learning Insight may disclose personal information to the following organisations, in relation to involvement and/or implementation of the Learning Insight Program:
- Commonwealth and State tribunals (eg Courts, industrial commissions or anti-discrimination bodies)
- Commonwealth and State Government Departments and Agencies
- Training authorities during the course of consultation on your behalf (with permission of the client )
- Trainers, consultants, facilitators and individuals or organisations during the process of determining their suitability for projects or to those inquiring about implementing the Learning Insight’s programs and services
- Readers of our newsletters/websites and other promotional material where an article or statement is submitted for publication (with permission from the contributor)
- Hospitals and medical centres in the case of medical emergency
- Service providers (such as printing and IT companies) for the purpose of and in the process of distribution of the Learning Insight newsletter and in the development of trainer, consultant databases, and
- Anyone students or clients authorise Learning Insight to disclose information to.
How does Learning Insight treat sensitive information?
In referring to ‘sensitive information’, Learning Insight means information relating to an individual’s:
- racial or ethnic origin
- political opinions
- membership of a political association
- religious beliefs or affiliations
- philosophical beliefs
- membership of a professional or trade association
- membership of a trade union
- sexual preferences or practices
- criminal record (e.g. knowledge that a criminal record check has been conducted within the last 5 years of trainers and Companions implementing the Learning Insight Program), and
- health information (e.g. in respect to medical conditions that a client, participant, consultant or trainer may have, in order for appropriate action to be taken in the case of an emergency, for instance, if an individual participating in a training program has diabetes or epilepsy).
Learning Insight will also collect information about trainers and consultants in the event that they are required to work in direct unsupervised contact with children.
In the above case, Learning Insight will seek the consent of trainers and consultants and send out required documentation, depending on what State they live in and deliver the Learning Insight service, and ask that the information is returned by them prior to being offered consultancy projects.
Who might Learning Insight disclose sensitive and suitability information to?
- Consultants providing services to Learning Insight’s clients
- Commonwealth and State Government Departments and Agencies as required under legislation
Sensitive and suitability information will be used and disclosed only for the purpose for which it was provided or a directly related secondary purpose, unless you agree otherwise, or the use or disclosure of the sensitive information is allowed by law.
At our website, we do not collect personally identifiable information from individuals other than that provided to us voluntarily and knowingly.
If you provide information for a specific purpose, we use that information for the purpose of providing the services you have requested. If you specifically agreed to follow-up contact by us or asked to be put on our mailing list, we will contact you from time to time via our newsletter. This will provide you with items of interest and our course schedule. You can always unsubscribe to our newsletter.
Sending information overseas
Learning Insight will not send personal information about an individual outside Australia without:
- obtaining the consent of the individual (in some cases this consent will be implied); or
- otherwise complying with the National Privacy Principles
Management and security of personal information
All Learning Insight principals, employees, trainers and consultants are required to respect the confidentiality of personal information, sensitive information and the privacy of individuals.
In the case of consultants/trainers, Learning Insight may retain personal information if they become inactive, in case they wish to become active again. Consultants/trainers may contact Learning Insight to have this personal information removed.
Learning Insight has in place reasonable steps to protect the personal information and sensitive information Learning Insight holds from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, and modification or disclose. Learning Insight may do this by use of various methods including, as necessary, locked storage of paper records and password protected access rights to computerised records.
Updating personal information
Learning Insight endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
A person may seek to update or access their personal information held by Learning Insight by contacting the Learning Insight Principals [firstname.lastname@example.org], at any time on mobile 0400 778807, or landline 65 840 883, or via email at email@example.com.
You have the right to check what personal information Learning Insight holds about you.
Under the Commonwealth Privacy Act, an individual has the right to obtain access to any personal information which Learning Insight holds about them and to advise Learning Insight of any perceived inaccuracy.
There are some exceptions to this right set out in the Act.
To make a request to access any information Learning Insight holds about you, please contact in writing (email will be accepted).
Learning Insight may require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require.
If you would like further information about the way Learning Insight manages the personal information it holds, please contact on 65840883 or email: LEARNING INSIGHT firstname.lastname@example.org.
Revision of Policy
Learning Insight reserves the right to monitor and revise this policy. This policy will be published on the Learning Insight website.
Your email address will be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and may be added to a mailing list. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose, and will not disclose it without your consent.